In the heart of the Tulum jungle is a tranquil oasis. Nestled among the shady palms, just steps from the cool sugar sand beach, the amazing Caribbean Sea beckons the soul.Adventurers seeking a different experience from the large resorts will feel right at home in the natural surroundings of Tulum. Las Palmas Maya’s bungalows are built in the traditional Mayan "palapa" style with thatched roofs.Although our accommodations are in line with the rustic nature of Tulum, one creature comfort we are sure you will enjoy is our continuous electricity...almost as rare in this area as the jaguar!Our beach road location is a perfect point from which to explore the unique wonderland of Tulum and the Mayan Riviera. Visit the ruins of Tulum, Coba, or Chichen Itza; explore the Sian Ka’an Biosphere, a UNESCO World Heritage site; cool off in one of the local cenotes, or simply relax your body and mind in one of Las Palmas Maya’s hammocks. Ah… la Pura Vida!
Adventures In and Around Tulum!
- Tulum Beaches: One of our main attractions! Always ranked as one of the best beaches in the world on practically every travel site. We concur!
- The Tulum & Coba Ruins: A spectacular site, and the only ruin overlooking the ocean. As with any of the Mayan ruins, we suggest you hire a guide when buying your ticket. You will learn and appreciate so much more than just walking the ruins on your own. Best to go early, it is cooler and less crowded. Also, head inland to the jungle ruins of Coba!
- Tulum Wall Art:Take a look at all the incredible wall art around town as you cruise in the sunshine. There are many beautiful displays on walls all over the town and beach road.
- Sian Ka’an Biosphere: There is at least one full day here,many beautiful beaches, the bridge, good snorkeling, Punta Allen and the lagoon. We recommend you take a guided tour, so as not to miss anything in the UNESCO World Heritage Site preserve
- Cenotes: Whether you have never experienced SCUBA or just exploring the majesty, You must see the natural spectacles of the Yucatan peninsula known as cenotes.
- Xel–Ha: an all inclusive lagoon and jungle park, all you can eat and drink, alcoholic beverages include. Good snorkeling, river float, birds and jungle animals. Entrance to the park is approximately $80.00-$100 per person for the day. One can swim with dolphins for an additional charge!