In the heart of the Tulum jungle is a tranquil oasis. Nestled among the shady palms, just steps from the cool sugar sand beach, the amazing Caribbean Sea beckons the soul.
Things To Do In Tulum
Adventurers seeking a different experience from the large resorts will feel right at home in the natural surroundings of Tulum. Las Palmas Maya’s bungalows are built in the traditional Mayan “palapa” style with thatched roofs. Although our accommodations are in line with the rustic nature of Tulum, one creature comfort we are sure you will enjoy is our continuous electricity…almost as rare in this area as the jaguar!
Our beach road location is a perfect point from which to explore the unique wonderland of Tulum and the Mayan Riviera. Visit the ruins of Tulum, Coba, or Chichen Itza; explore the Sian Ka’an Biosphere, a UNESCO World Heritage site; cool off in one of the local cenotes, or simply relax your body and mind in one of Las Palmas Maya’s hammocks. Ah… la Pura Vida!
Adventures In and Around Tulum!
- Sian Ka’an Biosphere: there is at least one full day here,many beautiful beaches, the bridge, good snorkeling, Punta Allen and the lagoon. We recommend you take a guided tour, so as not to miss anything in the UNESCO World Heritage Site preserve
- Turtle Beach: (as we gringos call it), about 15 minutes north of Tulum (2KM north of Xel-H, down a dirt road): beautiful beach, great snorkeling and perfect for just hanging out. A marine biologist encampment, this is where they incubate turtle eggs during the season. Nearby is a refreshing cenote No services so bring a cooler or backpack with some drinks.
- Coba Ruins and the Cenotes: another day trip with some great ruins and fabulous inexpensive cenotes
- Tulum Beaches: one of our main attractions! Always ranked as one of the best beaches in the world on practically every travel site. We concur!
- The Tulum Ruins: spectacular site, and the only ruin overlooking the ocean. As with any of the Mayan ruins, we suggest you hire a guide when buying your ticket. You will learn and appreciate so much more than just walking the ruins on your own. Best to go early, it is cooler and less crowded.
- Bike riding: bikes are available to our guests at a discounted rate. This is a great way to explore the shops and restaurants along the beach road.
- C.E.S.I.A.K: Located 5km inside the Sian Ka’ an biosphere, we are happy to arrange tours through them. Their location overlooks the sea and the lagoon. Bring your camera for fabulous sunset shots.
- Xel–Ha: an all inclusive lagoon and jungle park, all you can eat and drink, alcoholic beverages include. Good snorkeling, river float, birds and jungle animals. Entrance to the park is approximately $80.00-$100 per person for the day. One can swim with dolphins for an additional charge!
- Snorkeling Expedition: Begin your excursion with a quick ride led by a knowledgeable, local tour guide to the city of Akumal’s Turtle Beach. Here you will swim with a variety of tropical wildlife and sea-turtles! The trip continues on to a local cenote where you will see fascinating rock formations in crystal clear water as you cool off in this complex water system.
- Scuba-Diving Tours: Whether you have never experienced SCUBA or are a certified enthusiast, we can help you find the perfect trip for your skill level, at an affordable price. We work with experienced, reputable divemasters that speak English and Spanish. Ask us for details!