Payment and Cancellation Policy
- A 50% deposit, payable by credit or debit card is required to hold a reservation.
- The remaining 50% is to be paid upon check in, either in cash (dollars or pesos) or with a credit card.
- Beginning Jan 1, 2014, the Mexican government raised the I.V.A. and hotel occupancy tax in Q.Roo to match the rest of Mexico. Previously, we enjoyed a tax rate 5% below the rest of the country. We do not enjoy collecting it and you do not like paying it, but it is a requirement of the Mexican Government, and we have to abide by it. The new total tax rate is 19% which will be added to the quoted nightly rate.
- A 3 night minimum is in effect from December 15th until March 30th. Should your plans not allow for a 3 night stay, please do contact us anyway. If we have a gap between other guest’s reservations, we will be happy to make an exception.
- Please understand there will be no refunds for nights booked from December 15th through March 31st. Should you have an emergency cancellation, we can apply your deposit to a future visit, should you desire.
- If there is a need for cancellation between the period of April1 and December 14, please notify us at least 3 weeks prior to scheduled arrival in order to receive a refund, minus a 5% transaction fee.
- Changes or cancellations made within 3 weeks of scheduled arrival are subject to one night’s charge.
- A reservation for a 1 night night stay will need to be paid in full at the time of reserving.
- We cannot control the weather or any other act of God. Please research your trip and Tulum to be certain it is your vacation destination of choice. We cannot refund early checkouts, should your plans change, however we will be happy to credit your payment towards a future stay.
Thank you for understanding.